A show of support from fans could help enormously.
The KEY is that if you write "Star-Crossed" on the package, it'll get sent to the fan mail dungeon, and no one will ever see it.
Letters should/can be sent to:
3300 W Olive Ave
Burbank, CA 91505
DO NOT WRITE STAR-CROSSED ON THE ENVELOPE!
Websites to visit:
LETTER WRITING GUIDELINES
- Send handwritten letters, preferably in blue ink. Handwritten letters carry more weight than typed and lots more than just e-mail.
- Handwrite the address on the envelope.
- Write well-written letters!
- Keep your letters friendly and polite (hate mail is simply thrown away.)
- Voice your concern in a positive way!
- Write your letter as an individual- your letter will carry more weight if it appears to be sent from an individual.
- Keep your letters short and to the point- one page maximum!
- Include the demographic information networks value, such as your age, job, number of children, etc. Ex.: "I am a 41 year old astrophysicist who enjoys watching "Star-Crossed" with my three teen-aged children..." or "I am a 15 year old student who enjoys watching "Star-Crossed" with my parents and younger sister..." If your friends and family watch the show, tell The CW that too!
- End with a positive statement.
- If you send letters or e-mail to CW network affiliates or the media, be sure to bcc or cc (carbon copy) the same letter to The CW (and be sure they know that they have been cc'd.)
- Tell The CW what you like about "Star-Crossed":
- - the characters
- - the storyline
- - the writing- is it thought provoking, intelligent, engaging...
- - the episodes- do you have a favorite one? If so, tell The CW which one and why you like it.
- Tell the CW about your concerns but end on a positive note! Assure them that "Star-Crossed" in your opinion has the potential to be a successful, long-running show with a dedicated viewer-base.
- Tell them that you are looking forward to a lengthy relationship with the show as its characters navigate their way through current social issues, and impending war.
- Thank them for taking the time to read your letter!
- Don't write "Star-Crossed" on the envelope. It will be filed away without being read!
- Don't type your letter or address on the envelope. We don't want to look like a computer-generated mass mailing, we want to look like regular concerned folks!
- Don't be abusive, hostile, threatening, rude, obscene, etc. Hate mail will be thrown away without being read or counted!